Multi-OS User

вторник, июня 26, 2007

 

Since the beginning of personal computer, there has been a continuous battle of users in their choice of operating systems (OS). OS functions as the set of computer codes that controls the orchestration of computer hardwares by interpreting user's input via devices like keyboard, mouse. It interacts with the user by displaying WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You 'Gonna' Get) user interface (UI). The systematic thinking behind every operating system involves inevitably the study of user behaviour.

Every year the software makers are introducing new kind of softwares or merely an upgrade version of them but they all must follow the same rules of UI already preconfigured by its respective OS -- menu bar, button and its action, dialog box, help window, and so on. Thus the OS is what every computer users sees everyday they turn it on.

Aethetics play a critical part of how users judge how good any OS is. Subjective judgement never really makes an argument a reasonable and reliable one without the comparative analysis of function. As one may put 'form follows function' versus 'function follows form' into consideration is one matter that never get resolved, it is the very reason that the battle of OS is never ceased.

My opinion? I am neutral to every operating system available on the market, as of now. I am currently using Microsoft Windows XP (the most popular OS), Microsoft Windows Vista Edition Integral (the french version of Vista Ultimate, the latest release), Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.10, and Ubuntu (update: unfortunately removed). Advantages and disadvantages of each OS are abound, while at the same time they have helped me getting through the most demanding nature of my work.

Getting ahead doesn't mean the best choice must be chosen but it is how to manage in the best way to get work done efficiently.

Viva La Vista! Hail Leopard!

4 коммент.:

Murz комментирует...

Aww, what's wrong with Ubuntu?
How's Vista, by the way?

verdiinpink комментирует...

Nothing's wrong with Ubuntu but I've got infected with a virus on XP and I've deleted some (very) important registries (2 parameters), then I cannot log in to my XP. So I have to format the whole drive!

Currently I'm using go(o)d damn slow Vista Edition Integral (french ver.) on one partition and genuine XP on another. Sounds like parallel universe to me.

Murz комментирует...

sounds redundant to me. lol

Murz комментирует...

Tagged. :P